Today



 

Hi lovely people! It has been a while… a long while… since I wrote anything *guilty* but I’m back J

So, a while back I was thinking about life (which is very healthy by the way) and I was reflecting on how mine has unfolded so far. The ups, downs and the in betweens which you really can’t explain. And this post was deposited in my heart, not literally because I had to type it … but you get the drift. I was thinking of living life in my ‘today’, about how everything is ever changing and how we all crave a constant in our lives. Human beings thrive on routine, or at least something they can rely on today and even tomorrow. Then it hit me, Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever.” There is One we can rely on to never change in our lives. His promises are sure and his love unconditional.

Before I wrote this down, a Sunday ago when I was in church, my Bishop echoed the same thing; that was a confirmation for me. We don’t need to worry about how our lives will go- what will happen, when or even how it will happen. The most important thing is that you are here, at such a time and in such a place because God has ordained it that way. So it doesn’t matter whether you have gone through the fire to get here (I'm tempted to cue in Mary Mary’s line from the song ‘Shackles’ here: been through the fire and the rain, bound in every kind of way…), the fact is, you are here. The best we can do for ourselves is live in our today.

If we went through our yesterday, then with God’s strength we will go through tomorrow. Sometimes our today, can be a hard season we are going through, trying times or times when we question life and what God holds for us. Well there is good news, He has good things in store for us, His thoughts are of peace and not evil. He tells that to the Israelites in Jeremiah 29:11 at a time when they were captives. If the Father of the universe tells you that; the one who knows you so well, so well that he had you in the works before you were even formed in your mother’s womb … won’t you take Him at His word? His word that never fails; the word that He has exalted above his name (Psalm 138:2) ….?

Today is in God’s hands, rest assured. Build on the faith that you have, that Jesus is in control of everything. While you are at it, live life… and find meaning in it. It was meant to be lived and enjoyed. I choose to leave everything to God, even if I can’t find the purpose of my life at the moment, I choose to trust in God. He is the only constant in an ever changing world. Choose to live today, cast your fears and doubts to God; in turn He will give you rest, hope and grace … a beautiful covering, when everything else around you seems to be ugly and unsightly.

Thank you for taking the time to read. God bless you as you trust Him for your today. J

Comments

  1. Living in our today with the hope of shaping our tomorrow. Inspiring I must say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in our today with the hope of shaping our tomorrow. Inspiring I must say

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir Runyu...im glad it blessed you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts